Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Avatar the Last Airbender | Book Three: Fire

unsplash



And that wraps up my Avatar rewatch! What's cool is that I finished the finale, and then the very next day my family and I watched the new animated Avatar Aang movie. (Brief little sidenote, Avatar Aang was AMAZING, but I'll save that particular bit of fangirling for another time. XD)

There are so many phenomenal episodes this season. We've got "The Boiling Rock," "Day of the Black Sun," "The Headband," "The Beach". Pretty much every episode was incredibly fun and/or moved the plot and character arcs forward in really beautiful and healing ways. 

All the characters just really came through for the finale and it was just amazing! My favorite character is still Zuko and favorite villain is still Azula. But this rewatch, I was also paying a bit more attention to Aang because, if memory serves, I've seen a couple people online say something along the lines of that they'd appreciated his gentle airbending spirit a lot more now that they were older. And I ended up feeling the same way. 

So yeah, it was just a great show and a lovely little summer project to rewatch each season and come share little rambles here. <3


2 comments:

  1. I recently rewatched the whole series with my husband because he had never seen it. He hated the ending just as my brother did when this series first aired *rolls eyes at men*. What do you think of the (trying to discuss this w/out spoilers though I think most people already know or don't care haha) way Aang solved the big problem of fire lord?? I have always loved the method and thought that it was a very believable conflict for Aang to be going through and that it spoke to Aang's advanced skill and pure spirit that he was able to pull it off. I'm curious what you think!! Also still haven't seen the new movie but I will definitely be watching it soon I'm glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely understand being annoyed, but I would agree that it totally fits his character to choose an alternative option. Plus he's twelve, so I think it would've felt really off if he'd gone in the other direction anyway. XD

      Delete